Animal Crackers in Alphabet Soup

3/30/11

April Poetry Month- Haiku

 PBS has this in there resources for Poetry month. It is for grade levels 7-12...I'm taking those grades as a suggestion. I'm going figure out a way to use it with my all of my children interested in Poetry tis month and Haiku. Also I want to apologize for this post being out of sorts. The corrections have been made and I'm adding two more wonderful links to aid in our Haiku writing.
http://www.pbs.org/teachers/connect/resources/6228/preview/?contactID=159115160&gwkey=X92KICTW7C

PBS they have a face book Page too, I think this is So, so cool that they have spoken poetry on the net almost like being there live!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/poetryeverywhere/

Great for kids!
http://www.kidzone.ws/poetry/haiku.htm

really liked the method given to help determine if you've used the right amount of syllables in your Haiku. The explanations are very clear to my mind. Especially where they explain painting a picture in the readers mind.

http://volweb.utk.edu/school/bedford/harrisms/haiku.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment